Texas Payment Bond Claim Laws

How Do I Serve the Payment Bond Claim Notices?

The Texas Government Code expressly requires that the Payment Bond Claim Notices be sent by either certified mail return, receipt requested, or registered mail.

Inside Tip

If you serve the Notice by certified mail, you can go to www.USPS.com, click on the “track and confirm” option, enter the certified mail number in the box and the tracking information will appear, such as when the Document was delivered and who signed for it.


The deadline to serve a Notice is not extended if the 15th falls on a Sunday or legal holiday. Therefore, if your deadline falls on one of these days, you must serve the Notice on the preceding business day for it to be timely.

Still have questions? Click here to anything.

« Previous Question | Next Question »